Ye Old Coffee Shop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Case of the Hanging Chad

2 posters

Go down

The Case of the Hanging Chad Empty Re: The Case of the Hanging Chad

Post by veryolfart Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:37 pm

I see where the Speaker of the House, John Boner went out and drew a line in the sand again. Posturing for position is such a profound waste of energy. Shut up and go to work, already. Those guys are like little children and If i were the parent, I'd take their collective toys away and send them to the woodshed for a little talk. Mad
veryolfart
veryolfart

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsd1963 Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:56 pm

Huh??? My post went on top of yours for some reason...must be all that rigging of things for today.
mrsd1963
mrsd1963

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsd1963 Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:53 pm

I think you're right but I'm hoping for such a clear victory that we won't have to go through that.....but not very hopeful. This is the first year we've used mail in ballots (Mrd hand delivered them) and I miss pulling that lever. We vote as I think you do, not just party but what we feel is best for the country be it D,R or I.
mrsd1963
mrsd1963

Back to top Go down

The Case of the Hanging Chad Empty The Case of the Hanging Chad

Post by veryolfart Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:42 pm

Most of us have been made aware that this election will be very close; within the margin of error. Given this, I foresee a replay of the legal beagles jumping all over the "outcomes" in the voting places. Rumors are that both political parties have legaled up with a vast bank of lawyers and are ready to challenge any (and all???) results. It would be another blow to our system of electing (Democracy) if this ended up in the Supreme court again regardless who wins or loses. Our nation is clearly divided, and as Lincohn and someone else once said; "A house divided cannot stand." That concerns me greatly. I trust that you have cast your vote in the best interest of our great nation, regardless of political party. It's our right and privlege. Use or lose it.
veryolfart
veryolfart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum