C-Phones and me

View previous topic View next topic Go down

C-Phones and me

Post by veryolfart on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:19 pm

My kids and grand kids give me a lot of grief over my old phone. I don't get all those apps that they have and see little reason to pay good money. I told them that I lived with a rotory phone for 30 years and it did just fine. My grandson looked at me with a funny expression and then asked, "What's a rotory phone?". Now, don't get me started on those Garmin map thingies. I have enought of a challege dealing with my wife telling me where to go and I don't need to have another one telling me something different. The way I see it, if I don't know where I'm going, I won't know it when I get there
veryolfart

Back to top Go down

Re: C-Phones and me

Post by mrsd1963 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:23 pm

I sooo agree VOF. I have a very simple one and hubby just got one like it after his crashed. My son jusy got an Iphone I think it's called. So funny, a womans voice talks back to him. He told it to call dad and it did, so I asked him to tell it to call Elvis, not in his list she said, so I told him to tell her to try Graceland, a second later she says Graceland is closed. He asked her was she sexy, she replyed "let's just be friends". Very Happy
mrsd1963

Back to top Go down

Post by bogofree on Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:14 pm

I have had a cell phone for 30+ years since back when it was a car phone and looked like a shoe box. I worked nights for years and it was a security blanket for the drive home.

Now I had a regular cell phone for about seven years. A real POS but I'd buy minutes for it. So last year my son got me and my wife - The Lovely Cynthia - this 4G crap with all sorts of sheet on it. He puts it on his account and charges us $60 a month. So that's a $720 charge. On my crap phone I still have minutes on it as I'd use about 100 a year. ($35). My wife had her cell phone for two years and still had the 20 gift minutes they gave her. Now she has this one and leaves it turned off.

The real good thing about the phone is the camera and video camera. We travel a lot and I'll use the camera.

bogofree

Back to top Go down

Post by veryolfart on Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:26 pm

Your "Shoe box" phone reminds me of the ones they carried in WWII. It was funny that the one who was in charge of it was always called "Sparky"
veryolfart

Back to top Go down

Post by bogofree on Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:19 pm

veryolfart wrote:Your "Shoe box" phone reminds me of the ones they carried in WWII. It was funny that the one who was in charge of it was always called "Sparky"

And he usually got shot. Like in Star Trek when Kirk, Spock, Bones and Ensign Kovalski beam down. You know Kovalski is toast.

bogofree

Back to top Go down

Post by veryolfart on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:18 pm

Especally the ones that wore the red outfit.
veryolfart

Back to top Go down

Post by Jj-B Owner on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:55 am

Yup, RED was the targeted one. Shocked
Jj-B Owner
Admin

http://yeoldcoffeeshop.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content