Ye Old Coffee Shop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Desaster Movies

2 posters

Go down

Desaster Movies Empty Desaster Movies

Post by veryolfart Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:28 pm

I like desaster movies. Whether it's an earthquake, flood, giant snakes and such, they're all fun to watch. The ones that really get me all jiggy are the ones where a virlent germ or virus spreads like a gallon of milk spilled on the kitchen floor. Now that we are coming closer to 12/21/12, the Doomsdays movies are the most recent to hit the theaters and TV. So, folks, name a few of your favorite desaster movies for us to check out. Right now, I'm looking for "Contagen" that came out several months ago. Gotta check my Netflix account to see if its showed up yet.
veryolfart
veryolfart

Back to top Go down

Desaster Movies Empty Re: Desaster Movies

Post by mrsd1963 Sun May 27, 2012 4:28 pm

The perfect storm, towering inferno, poseidon adventure, andromeda strain, soylent green, airport, gray lady down. Not exactly disaster movies I guess, but Jaws, Planet of the apes, Jurassic park.
mrsd1963
mrsd1963

Back to top Go down

Post by veryolfart Mon May 28, 2012 10:30 pm

I used Soylent Green in one of my Sociology classes. The students had a real great discussion on the possiblities of this happening. That was back in 1996.
veryolfart
veryolfart

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsd1963 Tue May 29, 2012 3:23 pm

Yeah, times are getting very interesting! Just read about a new computer virus named Flame.
"Moscow-based Kaspersky Lab ZAO said the "Flame" virus was unprecedented both in terms of its size and complexity, possessing the ability to turn infected computers into all-purpose spying machines that can even suck information out of nearby cell phones." "Alan Woodward, a professor of computing at the University of Surrey in southern England, said the virus was modular — meaning that functions could be added or subtracted to it as needed. He compared it to a smartphone, saying that, depending on what kind of espionage you want to carry out, "you just add apps."

Also reading about robots for surgery and other things and them being able to learn. Not sure if it'll be in my lifetime, but I think the next generation might well wake up to a disaster movie that's real.
mrsd1963
mrsd1963

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down