Welcome New (& old) Members!

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Welcome New (& old) Members!

Post by Jj-B Owner on Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:24 pm

I want to welcome the following:

-Copper- I made him a co-Admin, because simply put I've come to appreciate and trust his judgment and wisdom.

I want to welcome and send a welcome to the following ...

Sun Bunny -> antiquarian -> veryolfart -> bogofree -> Bugged -> Domestic Goddess.

Again - Spread the word, no it will not be Lithium Coffee Shop - No it will not be THE COFFEE SHOP.

But that's okay ....

I've looked back at the homes that my wife and I rented/bought before we 'got here' - Each had their own flavor, each have their own stories .... and the home we live in now, is NOT the homes for 36 years ago - or now. And when we are able to 'buy down', that home will not be this one. But it will still be "HOME".

So we make it what we will and want.

Welcome one and all. cyclops
avatar
Jj-B Owner
Admin

Posts : 307
Join date : 2012-03-04
Age : 62

http://yeoldcoffeeshop.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome New (& old) Members!

Post by veryolfart on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:27 pm

As a retired History/Economics instructor, I enjoy a rational discussion of events of the day. I tend to look at the long-range (historical) events and how they may shape current events. I am neither "Right", "Left", "Conservative", or "Liberal" since these are adjectives that modify a noun and not entirely relevant to a clear discourse. The unfortunate introduction of "emotion driven" dialogue serves no positive purpose. At this point, I will wait to see what comes down the road. silent
avatar
veryolfart

Posts : 750
Join date : 2012-03-17
Age : 69
Location : Salem, OR

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome New (& old) Members!

Post by Jj-B Owner on Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:37 pm

veryolfart wrote:As a retired History/Economics instructor, I enjoy a rational discussion of events of the day. I tend to look at the long-range (historical) events and how they may shape current events. I am neither "Right", "Left", "Conservative", or "Liberal" since these are adjectives that modify a noun and not entirely relevant to a clear discourse. The unfortunate introduction of "emotion driven" dialogue serves no positive purpose. At this point, I will wait to see what comes down the road. silent

Totally understand that one!
avatar
Jj-B Owner
Admin

Posts : 307
Join date : 2012-03-04
Age : 62

http://yeoldcoffeeshop.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

guests

Post by veryolfart on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:04 pm

I see we have some guests checking us out. It sure would be nice if they would join this rag-tag group.[b][i]
avatar
veryolfart

Posts : 750
Join date : 2012-03-17
Age : 69
Location : Salem, OR

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome New (& old) Members!

Post by Jj-B Owner on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:38 pm

veryolfart wrote:I see we have some guests checking us out. It sure would be nice if they would join this rag-tag group.

Well maybe your post will encourage them! Smile



BTW -> Thanks for joining and welcome!! cheers
avatar
Jj-B Owner
Admin

Posts : 307
Join date : 2012-03-04
Age : 62

http://yeoldcoffeeshop.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome New (& old) Members!

Post by Mikayla on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:49 pm

Hello all. I'm looking forward to getting to know you. Thanks for the push VOF -- It worked!! This is my very first post ever!!

Mikayla

Posts : 10
Join date : 2012-03-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome New (& old) Members!

Post by veryolfart on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:06 am

Awesome, the more the merrier.
avatar
veryolfart

Posts : 750
Join date : 2012-03-17
Age : 69
Location : Salem, OR

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome New (& old) Members!

Post by -copper- on Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:42 am

Mikayla wrote:Hello all. I'm looking forward to getting to know you. Thanks for the push VOF -- It worked!! This is my very first post ever!!



[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-copper-
Admin

Posts : 54
Join date : 2012-03-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome New (& old) Members!

Post by Jj-B Owner on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:47 am

Mikayla wrote:Hello all. I'm looking forward to getting to know you. Thanks for the push VOF -- It worked!! This is my very first post ever!!

Welcome Mikayla ... cheers
avatar
Jj-B Owner
Admin

Posts : 307
Join date : 2012-03-04
Age : 62

http://yeoldcoffeeshop.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome New (& old) Members!

Post by Mikayla on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:20 pm

Thank you for the welcomes. Now to figure out how the forum works--bear with me while I learn! Smile

Mikayla

Posts : 10
Join date : 2012-03-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome New (& old) Members!

Post by -copper- on Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:58 pm

Mikayla wrote:Thank you for the welcomes. Now to figure out how the forum works--bear with me while I learn! Smile

It's easy really, and if you have any questions just ask.

-copper-
Admin

Posts : 54
Join date : 2012-03-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome New (& old) Members!

Post by Jj-B Owner on Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:15 pm

WELCOME to ....





remarkED!! cheers
avatar
Jj-B Owner
Admin

Posts : 307
Join date : 2012-03-04
Age : 62

http://yeoldcoffeeshop.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome New (& old) Members!

Post by -copper- on Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:47 pm

Jj-B Owner wrote:WELCOME to ....





remarkED!! cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-copper-
Admin

Posts : 54
Join date : 2012-03-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome New (& old) Members!

Post by veryolfart on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:52 pm

We got another new one with us. Welcome to the growing crowd remarkED bounce
avatar
veryolfart

Posts : 750
Join date : 2012-03-17
Age : 69
Location : Salem, OR

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome New (& old) Members!

Post by Mikayla on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:56 pm

Good Morning! I hope this 2nd day of Spring is a a great day for all of you! Although the weather here in the PNW is definitely not Spring-like yet.

Mikayla

Posts : 10
Join date : 2012-03-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome New (& old) Members!

Post by veryolfart on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:59 pm

Ya, ain't that the truth. We have nearly 4 inches of snow here in Salem. I heard on the news this morning that Spring has been moved to June.
avatar
veryolfart

Posts : 750
Join date : 2012-03-17
Age : 69
Location : Salem, OR

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome New (& old) Members!

Post by -copper- on Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:57 pm

Mikayla wrote:Good Morning! I hope this 2nd day of Spring is a a great day for all of you! Although the weather here in the PNW is definitely not Spring-like yet.

pnw ,,, hey that home for me

-copper-
Admin

Posts : 54
Join date : 2012-03-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome New (& old) Members!

Post by veryolfart on Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:48 pm

[i]Man, the snow just keeps coming! It's supposed to warm up tonight and the snow should be gone by morning. I'm thinking of getting out my old cardboard box and try sledding down the street. We've got a pretty good hill to work with. The people here don't know how to drive in snow and I'm sitting by the window watching my neighbor trying to get out of his driveway. I think he's about to put on the chains. The funny thing is, is that only three blocks away (at the bottom of the hill), the streets are bare. Oregonians don't know how to drive in snow, at least the ones here in the valley[/i].
avatar
veryolfart

Posts : 750
Join date : 2012-03-17
Age : 69
Location : Salem, OR

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome New (& old) Members!

Post by Mikayla on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:13 pm

-copper- wrote:
Mikayla wrote:Good Morning! I hope this 2nd day of Spring is a a great day for all of you! Although the weather here in the PNW is definitely not Spring-like yet.

pnw ,,, hey that home for me

I live in WA, very generally--midway between Seattle and Tacoma. I really love this area, very scenic!

Mikayla

Posts : 10
Join date : 2012-03-19

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome New (& old) Members!

Post by Jj-B Owner on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:59 pm

Mikayla wrote:
-copper- wrote:
Mikayla wrote:Good Morning! I hope this 2nd day of Spring is a a great day for all of you! Although the weather here in the PNW is definitely not Spring-like yet.

pnw ,,, hey that home for me

I live in WA, very generally--midway between Seattle and Tacoma. I really love this area, very scenic!

I live in WA too ... North of Seattle Edmonds / Lynnwood area. Smile
avatar
Jj-B Owner
Admin

Posts : 307
Join date : 2012-03-04
Age : 62

http://yeoldcoffeeshop.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome New (& old) Members!

Post by -copper- on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:57 am

g'mornin folks Smile

-copper-
Admin

Posts : 54
Join date : 2012-03-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome New (& old) Members!

Post by Jj-B Owner on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:26 am

g'morning ......
avatar
Jj-B Owner
Admin

Posts : 307
Join date : 2012-03-04
Age : 62

http://yeoldcoffeeshop.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome New (& old) Members!

Post by veryolfart on Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:52 pm

good afternoon.
Well we got 7 inches of snow last night. It's now starting to melt. I have a sister that lives in Shoreline
.
avatar
veryolfart

Posts : 750
Join date : 2012-03-17
Age : 69
Location : Salem, OR

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome New (& old) Members!

Post by -copper- on Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:50 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

-copper-
Admin

Posts : 54
Join date : 2012-03-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome New (& old) Members!

Post by veryolfart on Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:52 pm

When you're retired, ya get 6 Saturdays and a Sunday. Very Happy Razz
avatar
veryolfart

Posts : 750
Join date : 2012-03-17
Age : 69
Location : Salem, OR

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcome New (& old) Members!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum