Ye Old Coffee Shop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The last poll

3 posters

Go down

The last poll Empty The last poll

Post by veryolfart Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:36 pm

Okay folks, I'll admit that I'm a political junkie. As I watch the talking heads on TV discussing the various polls, I 'm amazed that anyone buys into the predictions. Polling is the art of asking the right people the right question. Consider that there are various methods of collecting data which I won't get into here. Except to say, that the only poll that really counts is the last poll taken, It's called voting in the election. What concerns me is the impression that there are "laws" being put into effect that may limit voting to various segments of our population. Both sides can justify this action to meet its own political goal, sad to say. My focus is on the Legislative branch of our federal government. They do the work of creating, refining, and implimentating polices into bills that are either accepted or vetoed by the executive branch. The power to govern in the best interest of the common good lays at the door of the legislative branch. My personal opinion is that we have observed a group of prepubecent children unwilling or incapable of working together. There are those who place this at the foot of the President out of ignorance as to how our system of government functions. My concern is that whoever "wins" will still face the prevailing petty bickering we have observed over the last four years. We the people have a voice, yet that voice is not heard by those we have set to do the work. Money talks.
veryolfart
veryolfart

Back to top Go down

The last poll Empty Re: The last poll

Post by mrsd1963 Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:31 pm

Your last 2 sentences are so true. affraid I can only hope whoever wins will have cooperation....but I'm not holding my breath.... a sad state of affairs for sure. SadNo
mrsd1963
mrsd1963

Back to top Go down

Post by veryolfart Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:33 pm

Well, my fellow Americans, today is the day that the people speak. I trust that each of you have exercised your responsiblity to vote (voice) your choice. I only hope that we can influence the attitude of those in the Senate and Congress to get their collective butts in gear. If the past behavior continues for another 4 years, the country we love may not be the one we get. I would like to remind all of the opening lines of the Declaration of Independence: "When in the course of human events. . . ."
veryolfart
veryolfart

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsd1963 Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:05 pm

"it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another,"

Hope it doesn't come to that but they better wake up.
mrsd1963
mrsd1963

Back to top Go down

Post by veryolfart Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:09 pm

We are now in the final hours. There seems to be concern over the "provisonary" ballots in Ohio and the possiblities that some will not be able to vote due to long lines. There are so many variable in play that I believe we will see a lot of contested results. However, if either candidat "wins" by a clear margin in both the popular and electorial vote, there sould be less legal challenges. Of course, I also believe in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Clause, and the Easter bunny.
veryolfart
veryolfart

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsd1963 Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:42 pm

Yeah, gonna be a long night.....if I hadn't had to get up an hour early I might be able to stay up. lol!
mrsd1963
mrsd1963

Back to top Go down

Post by veryolfart Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:33 pm

mrsd1963 wrote:Yeah, gonna be a long night.....if I hadn't had to get up an hour early I might be able to stay up. lol!

That's why I took another 2 hr. nap today. cheers
veryolfart
veryolfart

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsd1963 Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:33 pm

Well, I didn't have to stay up very long...but we're in the same place we were in before. Maybe they'll start working together.....sigh!
mrsd1963
mrsd1963

Back to top Go down

Post by veryolfart Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:32 pm

mrsd1963 wrote:Well, I didn't have to stay up very long...but we're in the same place we were in before. Maybe they'll start working together.....sigh!

I need a drink, a real long, tall one.drunken
veryolfart
veryolfart

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsd1963 Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:19 pm

I'll join you, make mine a double. drunkendrunken
mrsd1963
mrsd1963

Back to top Go down

The last poll Empty What's with Florida anyway??

Post by veryolfart Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:53 pm

affraidWhat is the problem with Florida? It seems that for the last 12 yrs or so, they have problems with elections. Maybe it's because of all the senial senior citizens. I heard (rumor only) that George W. pushed the wrong button and voted for Obama. For some strange reason, this sounds like something he'd do. Wish I knew how to do a 'fact-check' on this. Now, I'm going to pour myself another Coffee & Kaluha with a squirt of whipped cream. tongue

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]#

Last edited by veryolfart on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fact check info)
veryolfart
veryolfart

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsd1963 Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:31 pm

LOL I liked when Bush would misspeak/make up words. Hahaha...reminds me of Mrd, sometimes he garbles a word so bad that I can't begin to pronounce it correctly. I tell people that english wasn't his first language. He also can't spell, he'll say how do you spell such n such and then spell it so badly that my mind can't recover. Laughing
mrsd1963
mrsd1963

Back to top Go down

Post by remarKEd Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:31 pm

I'm afraid that as long as there is the "Tea Party", you'll have grid lock. Most moderate republicans (if there are any remaining) are running scared. All you have to do is look at the late Arlene Specter, they ( Tea Party) banished him from the GOP. The only way I see to deal with this is a return to the "fireside chat", to keep the public informed and, what the log jam is all about.
remarKEd
remarKEd

Location : Some where between the Delaware (River) and the Sea (Atlantic Ocean). Delsea.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum