Ye Old Coffee Shop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To go where NO human has gone before

4 posters

Go down

To go where NO human has gone before Empty To go where NO human has gone before

Post by remarKEd Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
remarKEd
remarKEd

Location : Some where between the Delaware (River) and the Sea (Atlantic Ocean). Delsea.

Back to top Go down

To go where NO human has gone before Empty Re: To go where NO human has gone before

Post by mrsd1963 Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:41 pm

I liked the book too.

mrsd1963
mrsd1963

Back to top Go down

To go where NO human has gone before Empty Re: To go where NO human has gone before

Post by mrsd1963 Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:48 pm

Grama with nothing to do except waste time on the computer. lol!

mrsd1963
mrsd1963

Back to top Go down

Post by Jj-B Owner Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:18 pm

Grama has way too much time on her hands....
Jj-B Owner
Jj-B Owner
Admin

https://yeoldcoffeeshop.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsd1963 Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:46 pm

Jj-B Owner wrote:Grama has way too much time on her hands....

That's what everybody says, LOL. Sad
mrsd1963
mrsd1963

Back to top Go down

Post by Jj-B Owner Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:51 pm

mrsd1963 wrote:
Jj-B Owner wrote:Grama has way too much time on her hands....

That's what everybody says, LOL. Sad

Gram's -- Papa (me) gets told the very same thing! lol!
Jj-B Owner
Jj-B Owner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by veryolfart Thu May 31, 2012 12:23 am

Okay folks, I have been reading the trilogy called Red Mars, Green Mars, Blue Mars. I'm on Green Mars now. This is a really good read. It is written by Kim Stanley Robinson. You can get this on you e-reader (Kindle, etc).
veryolfart
veryolfart

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsd1963 Thu May 31, 2012 3:00 pm

Wonder if we'll ever get there. But on a side note SpaceX Dragon made it back so it was a successful mission.
mrsd1963
mrsd1963

Back to top Go down

Post by remarKEd Thu May 31, 2012 3:31 pm

mrsd1963 wrote:Wonder if we'll ever get there. But on a side note SpaceX Dragon made it back so it was a successful mission.

Not in the near future, too busy borrowing money to finance wars. About eight years with Bush, add Obama's term, we're digging a DEEP hole. When we DO get there, I wonder if they'll terraform it?
remarKEd
remarKEd

Location : Some where between the Delaware (River) and the Sea (Atlantic Ocean). Delsea.

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsd1963 Thu May 31, 2012 5:53 pm

Well, it seems like all the crazy comic books and fantasies that men could imagine pretty much came true eventually so why not? Good to see you remarKed. flower
mrsd1963
mrsd1963

Back to top Go down

Post by veryolfart Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:16 am

We used to laugh at Star Trek back in the late 60's. Now those goofy communicators are what we call I-Phones. And those tri-corders are now called MRI, CAT, and ultra-sound. Beam me up Scotty!
veryolfart
veryolfart

Back to top Go down

Post by Jj-B Owner Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:33 pm

and the I-Pads and similar are the Star Trek Next Generation Data Pads.
Jj-B Owner
Jj-B Owner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by veryolfart Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:52 pm

Never thought of that, but; you're right.
veryolfart
veryolfart

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsd1963 Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:24 pm

I'm waiting for the day we can seperate our molecules and walk through walls. affraid
mrsd1963
mrsd1963

Back to top Go down

Post by Jj-B Owner Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:50 pm

mrsd1963 wrote:I'm waiting for the day we can seperate our molecules and walk through walls. affraid

That's going to be a very very long wait. They would have to get through the PAIN FACTOR which would be no small 'factor' to get through.
Jj-B Owner
Jj-B Owner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by veryolfart Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:53 pm

Teleportation is what I'm looking for. Getting beamed up or over; oh wait, when ya go through those detection machines in the airport, are those just testers to fix the bugs? Last time I went through one, I had half a mind; I forgot where I had put our tickets. Then my wife told me had a ticketless boarding pass. So, apparently you can get on a plane without a ticket, so long as they check your testicles first.
veryolfart
veryolfart

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsd1963 Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:05 pm

LOL Hey that's coming.

HOW CAN Teleportation WORK

Teleportation will work if we can create a machine that can read all the data of the body and create a replica with the gained Data of the body at the destination place exactly . This seems to be very confusing, let me make it easy-

1.A machine will pinpoint and analyze all the atoms and their arrangement in the body

2.Then the machine will have to send this information to the destination, where another machine will use this Data to create the same body again. The original body will destroy and will be recreated at the destination.
mrsd1963
mrsd1963

Back to top Go down

Post by veryolfart Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:42 pm

so let me understand this correctly. I will get a new body on the other end with the same sore back, bad knees, and early stages of senility. I think I'll just stick around home if that's the case. Now, if I could get the body of Antonio Bandaras, the brain of Stephen Hawkings, and maybe the wealth of a Saudi prince, it might just work out.
veryolfart
veryolfart

Back to top Go down

Post by Jj-B Owner Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:11 pm

Understand this is totally a THEORY and I would even go Hypothesis.

The problem is - In the "teleportation" is when it makes a COPY of you in the destination - what happens to the original?

See it becomes basically a GENETIC COPY - then the question comes, how many copies can be made before total derogation and well ... the copy of the copy of the copy dies?

Wrap your brain around that one!!

Besides do you realize how painful that will be? Just think about taking a "copy" of a small piece of skin for a skin graft??!!
Jj-B Owner
Jj-B Owner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsd1963 Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:45 pm

OK guys, you shot down those theories: how about an invisibility cloak? I know they are working on it. Smile

mrsd1963
mrsd1963

Back to top Go down

Post by Jj-B Owner Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:54 pm

mrsd1963 wrote:OK guys, you shot down those theories: how about an invisibility cloak? I know they are working on it. Smile

The problem with these is HEAT. You might be invisible to the eye, but the amount of energy *heat* that this technology would put off, would be easily 'seen' with a simple IR lens. That is why some Radar Technology is now adapting to HEAT SIGNATURES, because you cannot hide heat.
Jj-B Owner
Jj-B Owner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsd1963 Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:52 pm

OK? What if we put in something that would analyze what the temp outside us was and regulate the cloak to that temp. like a mini HVAC?

I know, I know; that won't work either. I give up for now. Laughing
mrsd1963
mrsd1963

Back to top Go down

Post by Jj-B Owner Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:27 pm

mrsd1963 wrote:OK? What if we put in something that would analyze what the temp outside us was and regulate the cloak to that temp. like a mini HVAC?

I know, I know; that won't work either. I give up for now. Laughing

That is what I thought was always funny with Star Trek .. the Klingon and Romulan Cloaking ... here they (Federation) had all this amazing technology and yet they did not have simple IR technology.

Even Uhura in one of the last Star Trek old series MOVIES said, "it has to have a tail pipe..." alien
Jj-B Owner
Jj-B Owner
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum