Ye Old Coffee Shop
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Gadget I really need

+2
Jj-B Owner
veryolfart
6 posters

Go down

A Gadget I really need Empty A Gadget I really need

Post by veryolfart Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:48 pm

It sure would be nice to have a gadget that would read my wife's thoughts so I wouldn't have to spend so much of my time guessing and the apologizing. affraid
veryolfart
veryolfart

Back to top Go down

A Gadget I really need Empty Re: A Gadget I really need

Post by Jj-B Owner Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:00 pm

veryolfart wrote:It sure would be nice to have a gadget that would read my wife's thoughts so I wouldn't have to spend so much of my time guessing and the apologizing. affraid

Let me know when they create such a device!! drunken

The guy that creates that .. will be richer then Bill Gates and Howard H. together ... Unless of course the women take it a break it!
Jj-B Owner
Jj-B Owner
Admin

https://yeoldcoffeeshop.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by veryolfart Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:18 pm

[b] I once told my wife that I had half a mind to go to the bar. She replied, "Most men do." It took me nearly 30 mins. to get her point.[/b]
veryolfart
veryolfart

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikayla Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:44 pm

veryolfart wrote:It sure would be nice to have a gadget that would read my wife's thoughts so I wouldn't have to spend so much of my time guessing and the apologizing. affraid

That's a two-way street, so get busy and invent that gadget--men and women would line up to buy it!

Mikayla

Back to top Go down

Post by bogofree Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:06 am

Time for a very old joke.

A man finds a magic lamp at a yard sale and ends up being granted a wish - just one according to the genie. He wants to go to Hawaii and is afraid to fly and petrified to be on a boat so he requests the genie to construct a bridge and highway to Hawaii. The genie responds to what a difficult task this is for even a genie and, of course, potential environmental damage and asks if there is something else he can do.

The man says he is a failure with women. His relationships flounder. His sisters hardly speak to him. His mother has disowned him so he says "I want to understand women. How they think. How their minds operate. How as a male I can get along with them." The genie looks at him and says "Do you want that highway to be two or four lanes?"

bogofree

Back to top Go down

Post by remarKEd Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:28 pm

After much time comsuming research, I believe I may have resolved your problem.

No need to thank me, just glad to be able to help.

remarKEd

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
remarKEd
remarKEd

Location : Some where between the Delaware (River) and the Sea (Atlantic Ocean). Delsea.

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsd1963 Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:20 pm

Mrd told me recently "you have made my entire life nothing but interesting". It was the nicest compliment he ever gave me, I thought I just drove him crazy; but he likes me, he really really likes me? Shocked
mrsd1963
mrsd1963

Back to top Go down

Post by remarKEd Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:54 pm

mrsd1963 wrote:Mrd told me recently "you have made my entire life nothing but interesting". It was the nicest compliment he ever gave me, I thought I just drove him crazy; but he likes me, he really really likes me? Shocked

Is it up for a vote?????confused
remarKEd
remarKEd

Location : Some where between the Delaware (River) and the Sea (Atlantic Ocean). Delsea.

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsd1963 Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:30 pm

remarKEd wrote:
mrsd1963 wrote:Mrd told me recently "you have made my entire life nothing but interesting". It was the nicest compliment he ever gave me, I thought I just drove him crazy; but he likes me, he really really likes me? Shocked

Sure, just bring your voter ID picture and step inside the little booth. I know, I know it does look a little like a port-a-potty.
mrsd1963
mrsd1963

Back to top Go down

Post by remarKEd Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:32 pm

mrsd1963 wrote:
remarKEd wrote:

Sure, just bring your voter ID picture and step inside the little booth. I know, I know it does look a little like a port-a-potty.

I'm assuming a paper ballot on a roll.
remarKEd
remarKEd

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsd1963 Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:34 pm

remarKEd wrote:
mrsd1963 wrote:
remarKEd wrote:

Sort of, If you look closely the booth is on top of a hill, so me thinks something else might "roll".........notice that little tractor reving up???
mrsd1963
mrsd1963

Back to top Go down

Post by remarKEd Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:05 pm

mrsd1963 wrote:
remarKEd wrote:
mrsd1963 wrote:
remarKEd wrote:

Sort of, If you look closely the booth is on top of a hill, so me thinks something else might "roll".........notice that little tractor reving up???

It's often been said that ---- rolls down hill, so it may be proven:shock:
remarKEd
remarKEd

Back to top Go down

Post by veryolfart Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:33 pm

Does "Monkey Ward" ring a bell? The glossy pages don't work well. Rolling Eyes
veryolfart
veryolfart

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsd1963 Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:38 pm

No bells here, I'm a city girl. Mrd and I were talking the other night and he mentioned rain barrels under the gutters (he fell in as a kid and almost drowned) but then he said I don't know what they used the water for. Question
mrsd1963
mrsd1963

Back to top Go down

Post by veryolfart Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:06 pm

When we had an outhouse, we had the Montgomery Ward's catelog in there for "Reading" material. TP was too expensive so we just used the pages out of the book. The more familiar nickname for the company was Monkey Ward. There's your history lesson for today.
veryolfart
veryolfart

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsd1963 Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:51 pm

Yeah, I'd heard about that, not sure how true it was. I think we bought our first washer from Wards.
mrsd1963
mrsd1963

Back to top Go down

Post by veryolfart Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:39 am

In 1938 as part of their expanding catalog,pets and pet supplies were offered. Among the pets offered were Caching monkeys. Of course it was very unique to have exotic animals available. So Montgomery Wards became known as the monkey store... Monkey Wards

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
veryolfart
veryolfart

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsd1963 Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:44 pm

Interesting. I remember little monkeys for sale in comics or magazines and wanting one. I just thought it was kinda like kentucky ducky or some of the other names people give stores.
mrsd1963
mrsd1963

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum